Friday, November 07, 2008

Maybe, maybe not

The blob hasn't gotten very much bigger, according to yesterday's u/s, but it hasn't gotten any smaller either. Fetus is growing appropriately. Moles grow are very aggressive and grow very quickly, so now they say its fairly unlikely thats what the blob is.

Now they're calling it an abnormal placenta. It was clear yesterday that the blob is the placenta (which we always assumed anyway, because thats what a partial mole is- basically a horribly f'ed up placenta), because we saw the cord attached to it. It kind of looks like a placenta now too, except 10 times larger than it should be at this point. There appears to be some bleeding near it, but I'm not spotting so it perhaps its only a small amount and is being reabsorbed.

The peri doesn't want to do another u/s for 3-4 weeks, unless there is spotting or some other indication to do one sooner. By 18 weeks (which might as well be 18 years) we should know for sure if the blob has developed into a normal placenta.

I have tiny, tiny amount of hope that there will be a baby at the end of this, which is nice since I feel like total ass all day long. Mostly I'm just glad that they don't think its a mole, because the implications of that particular complication can go on for years.

Thank you all so much for the love and good thoughts. They mean more to me than I can say.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you and hoping like heck that the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you and that things continue getting better.

November 07, 2008 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I was holding out hope that your last post of bad news wasn't the end of it. I am glad to hear that there's still hope for this pregnancy--I will keep you in my thoughts!

November 07, 2008 8:19 PM  
Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

Four weeks is a crazy long time, but I'm so glad things aren't quite as scary as they were. *fingers crossed* your next scan shows nothing you need to worry about.

November 08, 2008 3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the update I was hoping to see. I mean, I know it's not 100% brilliant news, but it's *something*. I won't offer you platitudes etc. but chin up, buttercup. Four weeks is a long time to wait but I am rooting for you with all I've got.

November 08, 2008 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That *still* sounds really stressful and difficult, to be honest, but I get that it's an improvement.

I hope you'll feel better and I hope everything will be OK. Er, probably not in that order ...!

November 10, 2008 9:31 PM  
Blogger tonya said...

I'm so glad for that the wild and frantic little hope I held for you. I know the news is not fabulous, but I am glad that the fetus is growing appropriately. I continue to hold you in my thoughts.

November 10, 2008 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you & yours.

November 11, 2008 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment