Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Random- edited

I hate when bloggers disappear. I can't stand not knowing the rest of the story. Avonlea is the one who just came to mind, gone after her last post which was horrible and sad-her husband left her for another woman in the midst of their adoption after infertility. My Eggs Are Cooked and Hardscrabble are a few more. (Yes, I know that Tertia gave us an update on Danae, but it was a long time coming)

I'm still waiting for the results on the stat progesterone that was drawn on Friday....I'm not sure if its because of the slacking at the lab or the slacking at the clinic that I'm still waiting on those results 4 days later, but I'm pissed.

I'm pretty sure the results aren't going to be good. Despite a blazing positive opk, my temp barely, barely went up. So slightly that it could just be a difference in room temperature or something.

I'm guessing the results will either be anovulatory, or maybe slightly higher- meaning some sort of ovulatory actitvity-but nothing that could result in pregnancy.

Some other numbers came back last week. My fasting insulin was 6 and my fasting glucose was 87. Good news, because I'm constantly afraid of that PCOS diagnosis. I asked at my last u/s, what the difference was between multi-follicular ovaries and polycystic ovaries. The difference is the "string of pearls" appearance. My ovaries are multi-follicular, meaning they're just covered in lots of antrals, not lots of cysts. It can make them harder to stimulate, but not as difficult as polycystic ovaries. However, one doesn't have to have polycystic ovaries to have PCOS. Confusing stuff, PCOS.

Progesterone 9.2, not stellar, but at least I ovulated.... who knows what the f is up with my temp not rising. Maybe I need a new thermometer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I think I'll start using OPKs. I think I am ovulating...I have to give up caffeine.

September 03, 2008 4:10 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

I don't like people disappearing either. The only good thing is that it saves me the anguish of thinning out my blog roll. Selfish, huh.

Ovulation-watch, pretty frustrating.

September 05, 2008 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment