Friday, September 05, 2008

Next

We had our post cycle consult with Yoda (which is really a terribly unfair nickname, as Yoda is really a very beautiful woman.) Here's what she had to say:
FSH is ok. Not great, but ok. She isn't worried. Lots of antrals.
Response to Clomid is ok. Could have been better.
Progesterone is not ok. She doesn't want to do progesterone supplementation because that only masks the problem-which is some sort of ovulatory dysfuntion.

She wants to try one more timed intercourse cycle on Fem@ra. Then move on to injectables and IUI.


Our insurance only covers testing-no treatment, so we're scrambling to come up with a way to pay for this. The timed intercourse/Fem@ra cycle is going to be around $500, which we can swing-but just barely. I have no idea what we'll do when/if we have to move on to bigger guns. Our money situation is precarious-the airline industry is a pretty scary place to be right now. Just the cost of the meds alone is frightening, not to mention the monitoring and procedure costs.

My home state (IL) had mandatory infertility coverage and I've thought seriously about moving back, for that reason alone. Its just NOT FAIR that insurance companies can get away with not covering infertility treatment. Yet, they cover impotence drugs and treatment... Makes me so mad.


Also, another thing that makes me mad. Sarah Palin. Hate. her. In the interest of my blood pressure and carpal tunnel, thats all I'll say about that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milenka said...

The out of pocket cost of treatment (umm, 100%, ack.) was the hardest thing for me because we just couldn't swing it and had no other choices. Gah. Good luck! *hugs*

September 06, 2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger tonya said...

Oh I am so with you regarding that skinny wench. I heard a recent interview with her today and she just sounded SO stupid, talking about Russia as a threat to her state. I mean, seriously?!!?

[ahem, back to the topic...] I am so hopeful for you with this cycle. Hang in there!

September 25, 2008 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment