Friday, October 31, 2008

Struck by lightning

Yesterdays u/s was bad. Spectacularly bad. No, it couldn't just be a garden-variety, run of the mill miscarriage for me.
No, its a partial mole. Go ahead. Follow the links and join me in incredulity and horror. Be sure to read the part about lung metastasis. And waiting at least a year to attempt pregnancy again (which, sickeningly, is worse for me)

Of course, they say its too early to make a diagnosis. I had THREE pelvic ultrasounds yesterday, with the RE and the Peri. Nobody will call it. But I KNOW thats what it is. It can't be anything else. And next to the scary, giant blob is a tiny fetal pole, with a tiny flickering heart-waiting to be overcome by the blob thats taking all the space and all the resources.

There are no more words..

15 Comments:

Blogger EJW said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's just horrible. I'll be thinking of you.

October 31, 2008 1:16 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm sorry. I'll be thinking of you.

October 31, 2008 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you.

October 31, 2008 3:01 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

That's just awful, I am sorry.

October 31, 2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Just adding to the chorus of support. I'm so sorry.

October 31, 2008 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry :(

October 31, 2008 7:34 PM  
Blogger Milenka said...

I'm so very sorry.

November 01, 2008 8:09 PM  
Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

I am so sorry Megan. I'm thinking of you and the tiny flickering heart. *hug*

November 01, 2008 10:40 PM  
Blogger tonya said...

I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better. You are in my thoughts, and I am so very sorry.

November 02, 2008 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking to let you know how sorry I am for your very upsetting news. I will be thinking of you and your family.

November 03, 2008 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie. I'm so very sorry. YOu'll be in my thoughts. rest and be gentle with you.

November 03, 2008 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Megan. I'm so sorry. I hope you can take gentle care of yourself.

November 03, 2008 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no words to express how sorry I am for you and your little family. Take care of you.
xo

November 04, 2008 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Megan..........
So so sorry.

November 05, 2008 1:22 PM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Megan I am so terribly sorry.

xxx

November 06, 2008 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment