Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good excuse

The day we left for our mini-vacation in San Diego, my sister's water broke and her triplets were born at 25w5d.

We drove back from San Diego immediately, got home at 1am, then got on a 6am flight back to IL. We were there for nearly a month.

The triplets are all doing as well as can be expected. There have been a lot of challenges, of course. Infections (MRSA), PDA's, and of course extreme prematurity. Their birth weights were 1#11oz, 1#13oz, and 2#2oz. Now, they are between 3# and 2.5#. At this point, we're pretty sure they are all going to survive and we're now worrying about what kind of disabilities they will have.


Because of the triplets birth, I never went back to the clinic for the CD3 u/s and we didn't do any treatment this cycle. I don't even know what cycle day I'm on, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated on 10/1, which was waaaaaay late in my cycle. Just like when I got pregnant with Gabriel.
My period didn't arrive this week, so I took a pregnancy test. Imagine my shock when it was blazingly positive. Tuesday's beta was 100. Progesterone was "over 20"
So, yeah, Holy Shit. I'm back on hep@rin injections, twice a day. I had a repeat beta today, and when (if) the hcg hits 1000 we'll begin u/s's. I'm nervous and will feel better when we're sure its in the uterus and of course I'm worried about miscarriage as well, but its not consuming me like it did last time. I'm so much more relaxed, (its so nice!) probably because I can't obsess over it every minute because I have to chase Gabriel.

I'll keep you posted.

7 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

congratulations on the pregnancy. I will keep hoping that all is ok.

So sorry to hear about your sister's early birth but it sounds like they are doing amazingly well. Will keep hoping for them, too.

October 16, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger Milenka said...

Oh, wow. that's a lot of news in one blog post!

First off, congratulations on the pregnancy I will keep everything crossed that things continue to progress smoothly!

Also, congratulations to your sister. I remember well the fear and uncertainty of having a micropreemie in the NICU, and having three must be absolutely horrific. Many positive vibes that they all do well and come home in record time. Fox was in the NICU for nearly 11 weeks and went from 1 pound, 14.5 ounces to 5 pounds, 8 ounces on the day of his release. So far all of his issues seem relatively minor, despite his rough beginning. many blessings that your sister's children follow in his path. *hug*

October 16, 2008 6:30 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Congrats for your news. I've got everything crossed that it continues to go well.

Glad to hear your sister's triplets are doing well.

It's been quite a busy month for you!

October 17, 2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I'm with Milenka - a lot to take in here!

I'm pleased to hear your sister's triplets are doing well, and that you have had such good news yourself. May the good stuff keep coming!

October 17, 2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

Wow! Congratulations.

I hope the triplets keep growing and thriving. Take care.

October 19, 2008 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY FREEKING GODDESS... and holy shit and AMEN! wow. just wow. Looks like I'll be the one a few months behind you (if all goes well in feb) this time!
woo hoo!
both you and your sisters trips will be in my thoughts. keep us posted on the please!

October 20, 2008 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY YOU! I honestly teared up when I read your news. So exciting!

I am so so so happy to hear this!

I hope your sister's triplets will thrive & flourish.

October 22, 2008 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment