Friday, June 27, 2008

Yikes...sorry!

The previous post was sitting there in draft form for over a month, because I apparently forgot to publish it...And I had another one started that I just deleted because it mostly was just a bunch of whining.

I suck at blogging. I have all these ideas that never seem to make it out onto the page.

I'm at the end (I think) of an over 40 day cycle. I have a shiny new clomid prescription that I was going to use this cycle, but due to this current never-ending cycle, I'm not going to be able to take it until the cycle after next, which sucks, because G and I are going on vacation on the 14th and M isn't coming with us. We'll be joining my family in Wisconsin for 2 weeks and M has to work. I'm really looking forward to the vacation, despite all the associated family drama that is accompanying it this year.

The closer we come to G's 2nd birthday, the more pressure I feel to get pregnant again. I don't even know if I'm really "ready", although how do you ever know that? I do know that I want the kids to be as close together, age wise, as possible. And it took us 3 years to get pregnant with G.

In other pregnancy new, my sister is 15 weeks pregnant with TRIPLETS!!!, after an IUI with injectables. Her pre-IUI u/s showed one dominant follicle and several smaller ones. They told her there was no chance of multiples...

I'm excited and scared for her and the babies. She seems to get getting good care from a fairly non-alarmist perinatologist who says he doesn't automatically require bedrest and would allow her to attempt a vaginal delivery if all 3 babies are head down (which will never happen, of course)
Her technical due date is 12/14, but they will hopefully arrive sometime in early November.

I've already told my mother that I know she will do her best not to favor the triplets, but that I'm going to be sensitive about it. Funny how I would even think about that sort of thing, but sibling rivalry never dies, I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kir said...

Oh my, that's some stuff going on in your world isn't it???
I think I would feel the same way about the triplets and I have twins. My children are my mom's only grandchildren, but I know that when my sister and brother have kids that I will be praying that my mom will still love the boys. How messed up is that?

(I am not happy with a peri that is not requiring bedrest at some point as a certain, I can tell you that with twins I knew that I would have to and they are all the better for it)

I hope that you can get some rest, enjoy that vacations and that this next PG is coming VERY SOON.


*hug*

June 27, 2008 12:56 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm sorry you haven't gotten lucky yet. :-(

Your sister's news is exciting, to say the least. I've followed two triplet pregnancies via blogs in the past year. One ended very unhappily early on, the other should end very happily soon. I hope the best for your sister.

June 28, 2008 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - triplets! Hope you get pregnant too soojn - I know it's a horrible journey; we have just come to the end of that particular one, and started a new and exciting one. Hope you get that chance too.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

August 04, 2008 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. trips! crazy. i'm so glad ot know you're back blogging. i've missed you!

August 12, 2008 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment