Wednesday, August 01, 2007

One Year (edited)




Gabriel was a year old on Monday. We had two parties for him, one in my hometown, and one in the city where we live now.

On the morning of his birthday, we sat on the floor in the exact place he was born and read "On the Day You Were Born."

I only cried a little.









I made a movie of his first year, but I can't figure out how to post it here. I haven't been blogging much (at all) since I switched to a Mac, so I wonder if thats why I'm having trouble posting. There are also a bunch of icons missing from my post edit toolbar. Anyone have any suggestions?


Thanks for your suggestions! I downloaded Moz.illa Fire.fox today and its working great! My toolbar is back and I'll post the movie later today!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabriel!

August 01, 2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

it seems to me as if this year has passed really fast, how does it feel to you? Happy birthday gorgeous boy.

Good to have you posting again!

August 01, 2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi, I'm Kate.. I just found your blog a few weeks ago, thought I should introduce myself!

Oh re: the Mac thing, it depends which browser you are using. If you are using Safari then quite often the editing tool bars disappear.. which is why I switched to Firefox... (which has it's own drawbacks).

And re: posting a movie.. if you upload it to something like youtube or google video, you can get the html code for it, and then post that in your post .. and that should work.

Happy Birthday to your little boy!

August 01, 2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger tonya said...

Check out those gorgeous blue eyes! He is so adorable.

Ditto what Kate said... I use Firefox exclusively now, only haul our Safari when I really gotta. Feel free to email me if you have other Qs... (I love my iBook)!

August 01, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe it's been a year since he was born. It seems to have gone so quickly. He looks like a real little man now.

Tell me how you go with the mac. I'm thinking about getting either an iBook or a Vaio of some sort later this year.

August 02, 2007 12:33 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Happy birthday to your little boy!

August 02, 2007 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment