Thursday, December 28, 2006

You may have noticed that almost all of my archives are gone.
Someone else I know in real life found my blog. I was actually really pissed off about it, which is quite ridiculous since I use my real name and have pictures of myself posted all over the damn place. Its not like I was making any effort to be anonymous. But somehow, I still feel like someone just read my diary. It just feels a lot different to share such intimate details with relative strangers, than to share it with people I have to face.
So, I took down the archives. Unfortunately, I think I lost all the comments on them when I did it, which really sucks.
When I look at my Statcounter page, I will often see that someone has spent hours reading all of my archives. I was sad to take them down because I hope that they are helping the people who read them.
I've said before that I'm going to be making some changes, but I'm not sure how its all going to go. I've thought of going password protected, but if I'd done that in the beginning, I would never have "met" such amazing women. I've thought of starting a new blog, and reposting all the archives, with names and pictures removed. I'm just not sure what to do. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.
Things in the rest of my life are complicated. Some things I'm not comfortable writing here, though I wish I could. (One more reason I've got to do something with this blog situation)
The worst though, is the passing of my Grandmother. My beloved Grandma, the Grandma of my heart, died on December 20. She was 85 years old, but in good health. She died very suddenly while writing out her Christmas cards. We were very close and I miss her so much already. It was a very melancholy Christmas season, though we did have a good Christmas day-with most of the focus on Gabriel. He was our shining light through the grief of losing my Grandma and our constant reminder that her death is just a part of the circle of life.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and that the New Year brings you whatever you heart desires.

10 Comments:

Blogger Korin said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandomothers passing. I hope your family is finding love and peace together.
I have had a person I know IRL stumble upon my blog and read it (the Live Journal) in it's entirety (for a couple of weeks) before telling me. It was horrific, and degrading and exposing. Whatever you do, please keep me in the loop. :)

December 28, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

It's good to hear from you, and to hear that gabriel is doing fine. Look after yourself, and if you do disappear, please let us know. I would miss not knowing the rest of the story.

December 29, 2006 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. What a hard thing to face this holiday season.

December 29, 2006 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was one of those who spent hours in your archives. Your strength throughout your journey is inspiring. But I know what you mean about people you know IRL reading such intimate accounts and understand why you took them down.

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

December 29, 2006 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

December 29, 2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger In Due Time said...

Sigh..Hugs Sweetie!

Happy New Year..

Please let us know what you decide to do, little G is growing up so fast!

January 01, 2007 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Megan,
I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing.
I'm glad you had G there to help bring some joy to an otherwise crappy Christmas season.

Please keep me in the loop whatever you decide to do.

January 02, 2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother. It sounds like she was doing something that would make her happy when she passed, which is nice.

January 06, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Sorry about your Gran. Let me know what happens so I can keep reading your blog. It really helped me a lot when I started out blogging.

January 08, 2007 4:18 AM  
Blogger Labor Nurse, CNM said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, but glad to read that your family still had a nice Christmas.

I can relate to the whole someone form your non blogging life finding you...well, it's not something that has happened to me but I have kept the blog secret. I'm not sure how they (coworkers, friends) would take it. I don't want to find out.

How do you know that someone you know found your blog? Did they come out and say so?

January 13, 2007 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment