Sunday, June 05, 2005

Better than Prozac

I have been a very, very bad blogger. Without meaning to, I kind of took a break from all things infertility. We didn't even have sex ONCE this month. It actually feels really good to know that there is NO way I am pregnant. Freedom from the tyranny of IF. Yahoo!!
There has been a lot of stuff going on. I'm going to write more about all of it this week. But firstly (totally not a word, I know) here is what we decided to do about my sadness/depression:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


His name is Santana. He's a new fangled kind of "hybrid" breed called a Golden Lab. Thats half Golden Retriever and half Yellow Lab; All the good things about both breeds without the breed related health issues.
He is funny and feisty. And so sweet when he's sleepy that you want to just eat him up.
Valentine, our Boxer, loves him and the cats are tolerating him ok.
And he makes me so happy and is so much fun I haven't even thought about my defective reproductive system once since we've had him.
I even laughed through my extreme frustration when Mitch actually said, "Maybe now you'll relax enough to get pregnant." Aren't husband drive-by's the worst!?!?!

p.s
Please head over and give Jen a little love. She's hurting right now.


ETA- Yeah, I know Santana is the IF puppy that so many of us seem to acquire during some part of our IF journeys. Baby substitute, something to love, etc. etc. But who cares? Puppies are a sure cure for sadness. I highly recommend them, stereotypes be-damned.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dramalish said...

He. Is. So. CUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!

I love him! I totally forgive you for neglecting your blog, since you were tending to your new little guy.
Hope we can hang on to this being able to let go a little, huh Megs?

Give puppy a kiss for me.
-D.

June 05, 2005 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE!!!!

June 05, 2005 11:46 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

He is adorable! How could anyone feel depressed with such a bundle of cute in your life? I am so happy for you!

susie
notahabit

June 06, 2005 2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!!! My boxer loves labs (my mom has one) - well she loves all dogs, but that's a boxer for you. Best of luck!!!

June 06, 2005 5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww!

Give him a kiss on his little fuzzy head for me.

June 06, 2005 5:55 AM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I was beginning to wonder where you went! I cannot think of a better excuse to be away from blogging for awhile...he's so adorable.

June 06, 2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

He is the cutest thing ever. Substitute or not, I want to eat him up. He looks so innocent and peaceful sleeping. I have the requisite IF animals too. I have 4 cats, yep 4.

Enjoy him. They grow up so fast :)

June 06, 2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Absolutely adorable!

June 06, 2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

gorgeous puppy. want one immediately.

June 06, 2005 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment