Friday, March 25, 2005

2nd One

So, the lap is over. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst part was dealing with the anesthesia, and the shoulder pain from the CO2 that they blew me up with.
Its been about a month, and my scars are starting to fade slightly. I have 3 of them, about an inch long.
My post-op appointments were quite informative. My right side was full of adhesions and stage II endo. The endo and adhesions were lasered off, but my right tube is still misshapen and my RE, Dr. G, estimates that I have about a 30% chance of having another ectopic on that side. Great.
I have lots of neat pictures of my ovaries, uterus, tubes and even some of my liver and gallbladder. They make my husband dry-heave. I enjoy leaving them on the coffee table or on the kitchen counter...
At my last appointment, the wand monkey said that it appeared that I had already ovulated several days before. Bad news since we hadn't been having sex several days before. So Dr. G gives me a lab slip to get my progesterone checked in 3 days. The results say I haven't ovulated. So I begin prometrium.
Yep, thats right. The cycle that "they" all say is generally your most fertile, I don't ovulate for the first time in my life. And I have to take prometrium for the first time in my life.
I still don't have my period and I took the last pill 7 days ago. Its normal for it to take up to 20 days, says Dr. G's nurse.
So thats where I am now. Waiting for my period to start so we can do the Clomid Challenge test. We are opting out of the Post-coital test in favor of an IUI. If we combine the CCT with IUI, our insurance will pay for half of it. And who cares about the post-coital results. We've been trying it the "coital" way for almost 3 years!
In other news, I am taking one of my national midwifery exams in 4 weeks. Am totally ambivalent about it. Still don't know if I can be a midwife anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment